Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Distracted

I was totally planning on blogging with all sorts of substance tonight...but instead, I've been running through every song on my ipod as though I completely FORGOT that I owned it. By this I mean full-on karaoke with impromptu dance routines. But why. Well, because it's that time of year again, my friends...that time where I try to stuff as many people as possible in about 500 sq. ft. of free space. It's my Christmas Party. Saturday. Third annual. Such commitment. Every year I expect it to be a disaster and every year it's really damn fun except I have to buy a new annual mop and use it while extremely hung over. Like, alot.

So I opened a bottle of wine and started going through my x-mas music remixes and whatever else. Right now I'm rocking out to the Gorillas. Love the Gorillas. The Europeans don't consider them dance music. And by Europeans I mean the Danish. Now on to Grizzly Bear...definitely not dance music. Writing music, surely yes. Uh oh...Justin Timberlake...have to go dance at the cat.

6 keep(s) me blogging:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Are you talking about The Gorillaz? They're the weakest tribute band I've ever seen. They should have called themselves The Hairless Apes. Your musical preferences are hokum.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the cat is endlessly amused. I'm also sure the cat is wondering, "bitch, wheres my food?!"

At least, my cat is.

Robert the Skeptic said...

The fun of a party is inversely proportional to the amount of square footage you have. So pack 'me in and have a great time.

Charlie said...

With all due respect to Gorilla Bananas, I cannot attend your party if there are apes there. They tend to throw shit around, and I hate it when they do that.

Oh. I wasn't invited. Never mind what I said about apes then.

stinkypaw said...

Pheeew... I was starting to feel really disconnected (read old) here, since I don't know any of the animals you were ref. to... Thank God for Justin!!

AxAtlas said...

Talk about distracted. I haven't commented on your blog like forever.
Ohhhh freezing rain this weekend?