Friday, April 27, 2007

Why YES...This IS My Lovely New Scooter










Pleased as punch, am I.














I can go ANYWHERE. The world is my oyster. Except that I find oysters to be gross.












Laura and Ty try to be cool like me...they try.















Becks didn't like it so much. He's too young to know what's cool.

















Yeah, that's right.


17 keep(s) me blogging:

Unknown said...

It really is faaaabulous. I will work up the gumption to actually give it a ride next time.

Macoosh said...

that looks amazing. i want one so badly now!!! do you have to get a special license like you do w/ motorcycles? can you go on highways?

i want one!!! the baby blue color is awesome too, btw.

Anonymous said...

www.whocelebrates.com | Let's know it

Anonymous said...

It blows my mind there are actually places you can ride a cool scooter like that without fear of becoming road kill! In Boston you would be considered a target and points would be awarded for your demise.....
All you need now is a tee shirt that says "If you can read this the Bitch fell off!!"
Be Safe,

My Little Pony

Susie Q said...

She is beeeautiful Kara! (I assume she is a "she") Really sweet ride!

Gorilla Bananas said...

The scooter looks old-fashioned and you look best in profile, like the Queen of Iceland about to get her armpit sprayed by a courtier.

Me said...

You need to glue some sharp bull horns to the front of the bike, or onto your helmet. I'm sure Becks would approve, even if he doesn't know what cool is.

The Future said...

Two thumbs up, but now we all want one. If we each had one, and we all rode someplace together, what would that be...a covey, a hoard, a pod, a swarm, perhaps you could coin something new? You're right, it couldn't be any cooler.

thethinker said...

I want one!

Sarah said...

Lovely! It's perfect, and SO you.

kara said...

laura - that's right you will. it's no harder than giving birth, i'm sure.

macoosh - this one only has 50ccs, so it doesn't need a motorcyle endorsement...but at some point i'll get one so i can have a faster scooter.

anonymous 1 - spammer!

pony - hallo! i'm going to get a sticker for my helmet that says "ass, gas or grass, no one rides for free"

sue - you know, i don't know if she is...but i guess she is now...so YES, she's a she! oh, and welcome!

goranas - great, i'll never be able to look straight at people again...i'll just have to ask them all to only view me in profile as it's how i'm best presented. should make for some interesting first impressions.

orhan - NICE idea! and becks will know later what he doesn't know now. i'll see to it.

future - we'd be a GANG. and i'm so getting one started. i'm the ringleader. I'M THE RINGLEADER.
(anyone who remembers Romy and Michelle better appreciate the emphasis there)

thinker - all you need is a license, lady!

sarah - why thank you, madam. i will continue to rock on in your honor.

Anonymous said...

I think you should change your blog picture (although I do so Love the picture of you when you were a little girl!) to your head in that helmit! One cool chick!
You are bad ass!

kara said...

anonymous II - well thank you, anonymous! such nice things, you say! though i don't know if i want to look at my face in a helmet that often...i look like an extra from Spaceballs.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Very very cool, Kara.

Jansky T said...

Do you have to have a motorcycle license to legally drive one of those?

kara said...

sam - aw shucks. and i didn't even build it.

kevbo - not this one. it only goes 45 mph...and that's down a hill. but it varies state by state and i'll get the endorsement at some point when i feel like upgrading.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous -- I've always wanted one. I bought a Smart Car instead.