Monday, November 10, 2008

Going Once, Going Twice, Going Chicken Soup With Rice

So we have a new president. La la la la la. Someone will probably try to point out the whole "doesn't take office til Jan '09" business, but I'm not having it. We have a new president.

This puts me in a pickle, however. I doubt anyone ever thinks about the name of this blog when they think of this blog...though I imagine they think of this blog often. As well they should. It's a delightful blog. I don't remember how Condi's Hair came about. I mean, I remember when people were like "you should start a blog" and then the Waif was all "use this site and make it look like this [type][type][type]". Those were sound effects by the way. But I don't remember why I called it Condi's Hair. I have an inkling that the very first post I ever posted was also a verbal rant from some point in my work day and was instructed to document it for posterity. Not sure why...it's a silly rant. You can read it here. I was so young. Anyway, the name stuck. And then one of my office mates who is a genius with a mini Etch-A-Sketch created the masterpiece located in the upper left corner and a star is born. That's the term, isn't it.

It was never supposed to last this long. And it was never supposed to be traceable...though I imagine if any of you were to pop through Portland, it'd be remarkably easy to look me up. I haven't been exactly stubtle about my anonymity. Oh well.

Now here I am, a number of years later (I can't be bothered to look) and I'm sitting in a poorly lit bar waiting for amy g., sipping something called a Cherry Blossom (it's got sake in it!) and alternating between blogging this piece of literary magic and w
atching my work inbox to see if a technical issue is fixed so I can send a shit-ton of emails. How the world has changed.

Cherry Blossoms are divine.


As usual, I'm taking far too long to get to my point. Well, I have to kill time because tech support is being slow and tech supporty and I can't just and watch nerd talk go back and forth, so shut up. My point is, after January and not too far beyond that the name "Condi" will cease to to have any sort of relevance. Though my blog may be doomed to the same fate, I'd like to try and prevent it if at all possible. It would be horrible if I lost my one and only hobby. Ok, my one and only hobby besides hating old people.

This is where you come in. I thought about doing another poll, but have decided that polls are beneath me. So is high fructose corn syru
p and name brand cotton swabs, but I digress. Do I change the name of Condi's Hair when Condi is no longer in office? And more importantly, do I move to WordPress where apparently you can do magical things like make links on your own without having to beg your sister to do it for you because you know fuck all about HTML and just looking at that code makes you want to both scream AND circle things like a Word Find. That sentence could use some commas.

Anyway, I really can't decide what to do. If I go with a re-naming plan of action, I don't know, that might be more work than I can bear. But then, I
don't want to be answering dumbass questions like "Who's Condi?" if I still have this thing in 2 years. Violence is wrong, and I might forget that.

So I put it to you, friends, who have helped me so much in the past. I'd go into a list detailing just how useful I feel all of you are to me, but I want to post this instead:
If I sleep with him...is that cheating?

22 keep(s) me blogging:

Susie Q said...

Wow, am I really first?

As for the Condi quandry... I love your blog cause it's yours, not because of the name. Condi, shmondi, what's in a name?

I know, no help at all.

Unknown said...

That.... is.... SOOOOOOOO creepy!!! And sad.

Gorilla Bananas said...

What? I thought the name of this blog was a satirical reference to the one called "Burt Reynold's Mustache". I can't believe you just sort of stumbled on it by accident. Condi is a great woman who will return, but don't sleep with her boyfriend. Yes it is cheating - and it will make your Teddy Bear jealous.

Me said...

I don't care what you do just as long as you don't suddenly go missing. You're one of my favourite bloggers. You're funny and stuff.

Just don't change the name to Pubic Hair.

Brendan said...

No, nobody thinks about blog names unless you bring them up.

But yes, it's cheating.

stinkypaw said...

I must say at first I did ask myself where Condi came from since your posting under Kara... so who knows maybe one of those 2 is actually your name? Nowadays, I don't even think about it... I also wanted to change my blog's name and format, but the works it will generate is making me wonder...

As for that "him" that is so creepy, but there's something comforting about it... maybe it's because the hand looks like a Muppet's?! But I wouldn't consider it cheating - weird yes, but not cheating! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I think the name of your blog is great. It's always stuck in my head in a way that blog names generally don't. And, quite frankly, I'm shocked that everyone else doesn't see things in the same way.

Keep Condi's hair! Keep Condi's hair!

Robert the Skeptic said...

1. Condi, and her hair, will never die. It's as durable and everlasting as the Isoplus Oil Sheen Hair Spray she uses to keep democracy alive. Keep the blog and the name.
2. Stay away from Wordpress, it is vulnerable to comment spam. I finally disabled my documentary blog as a result.
3. The "him pillow".. it looks like my Halloween costume. Both are creepy.

kara said...

sue - shucks, you'd think i was fishing for compliments or something. ok, so i think you're a vote for "no name change".

ashley - is it creepy? IS IT? or is it WONDERFUL?!

goranas - it is a studly-looking pillow...i can see why you think he'd have a problem with it.

or - ok, i'm going to take that as another vote for "don't change the name". and let me just add...ew.

brendan - well, it was kind of the elephant in the room. and your opinion doesn't count.

stinkypaw - do YOU want to cuddle up to a muppet? if so, which one?

cathy - i'm seeing a trend here...with YOU being the trend setter. ROCK!

dad - doesn't hair keep growing for a while after you die? so condi's hair WILL outlast here. i think i just found my mission statement.

stinkypaw said...

Nah, no Muppets do it for me (anymore), but there's something familiar about that hand... like Ernie's or something... strange!

Bretthead said...

Blog names are irrelevant - nobody cares. I always think of this page as Kara's blog anyway.

Did you consider it cheating when your special guy slept with him?

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH! I didn't realize your blog was named after Condoleeza.... I like the name.... even if I didn't know it was named after somebody. Keep it. I say! Keep it!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that any new readers (like me) wouldn't know why you named Condi's Hair either. They would just think it's a cool ass blog. Period.

Sarah said...

Keep the name.

I want that guy for Christmas. What a hilarious throw pillow he would make.

kara said...

stinkypaw - not even one of those two old guys that sit in the theater and mock everyone? they're kinda hot.

wow - well ok then, mr opinionated. oh wait...that was what i asked for. shit. and brendan and i, well, we're working through that little indiscretion.

twinkie's facial features - well that damn well settles it. the name stays!

sarah - i'll pass that on to josh. can't wait to see how he wraps it.

Woozie said...

Rahm's Hair.

Rachel said...

I know its been settled, but I just want to confirm that yes, keeping the name is the right decision.

And you know what the say about jealous boyfriends...

no?

oh, I was hoping you did, cuz I dont.

The Future said...

I think it will always provide a good reminder of how much better off we are going forward. Who knows, we'll probably even have a Sec of State who knows something about foreign affairs or relations or something.

theWaif said...

Please keep it. I don't want to have to redo your whole damn site for you just to keep up with current events. Plus, I like my title design. To have to change it would make me cry a little. And you know what Dad says, "Be nice to your sister."

d said...

is it too late for me to comment on this?

stinkypaw said...

Hey! Are you making fun of my age or something? The old guys... Hmf... I have one at home and I don't use him that often...

section9 said...

Besides, what if Condi Rice decides to coach the 49'ers or gets into politics or something? She's only 54. That's young in political years.

Keep the name.