Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Self-involved Blurgh

I've had a day and I'm feeling fragile. The kind of fragile that keeps me from even judging a woman I pass struggling up the bridge pulling a dog behind her bike in one of those kid trolleys. Why isn't 'trolleys' spelled 'trollies'? Stupid.

I've had a glass of wine and a potato; The Office is on TV and I'm feeling better...but damn. Days like these are, well, the reason one really should own a pair of polar fleece sweatpants. And potatoes.

Tomorrow will be better.

Right?

In the meantime - tonight's bad '90s teen scary movie: Disturbing Behavior

17 keep(s) me blogging:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I hope you ate the potato rather than sat on it. People having a bad day sometimes pretend to be a bird hatching an egg, but it never does them any good. If you're getting sweaty down below, wouldn't cool air feel nicer than sweatpants?

erin said...

I actually loved Disturbing Behavior.
And I'll use the Face on my blog...if I had any photos of him in ze hat.

Did the little head fit the baby?

Rachel said...

So miserable that you can't judge that which must be judged? I dear! I am sending you many many hugs.

Charlie said...

Potatoes are my first line of defense against plague, pestilence, and incontinence.

MommyHeadache said...

I had a day like that today. Nothing was achieved and all I did was eat cake and feel sorry for myself. But sometimes one needs those kinds of days. Feel better.

stinkypaw said...

Right! I'm wearing my fleece vest and just ate some cake... yep. it was that kind of day...

Robert the Skeptic said...

If only you knew of someone who could say "potato" in Danish. That would cheer you up!

Me said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm in love with an American girl (again (the same one)).

theWaif said...

Aww. I know those days. Know what helps? Lots and lots of sleep. And candy. But not at the same time, I would not recommend that.

theWaif said...

erin -- Almost forgot to mention how totally freaking adorable the knitted hats and gloves you made are. I am in complete awe of your talent. They fit the Face perfectly and I will make him wear them until they start to cut off his circulation. Unfortunately, my youngest son's huge head isn't cooperating with the adorable bear-eared infant hat, which totally bums me out. I might have to force it on him anyway just long enough to take a photo cause it's so gosh darn cute!

The Future said...

Waif - I can't believe you called your own son's, my own grandson's, head huge. He just hasn't grown into it yet, that's all.

Kara, I'm sure the potato and the Flix made everything better. Starch and fantasy sound like the perfect solutions to me. Hopefully you won't have another day like that anytime soon.

problemchildbride said...

Bad luck, sweetie-pie.

P.G. Wodehouse. The best remedy there is for days like this.

Feel better
xxxx

erin said...

Waif:
I had an extra left over that didn't fit my new baby cousin, so I threw it in remembering Kara had a newer baby nephew.

I was guessing it might not fit him, but thought might as well give it a try.
I'm sure they're both absolutely adorable regardless of their head sizes.

stinkypaw said...

Today I'm here to ask you about your pickles! See I remembered, so now send me some please! ;-)

Auri said...

My fleece pants warm things up nicely which directly improves my mood... I'm with ya sister;)

kara said...

stinkypaw - i don't remember how or why the pickle thing was supposed to come up...but whatever it was, you've totally earned my putting a jar in a box. i'll follow up via email to get your address.

Mary Witzl said...

Whoa...I had the chance to offer you some reassurance here and I missed it! I'll bet tomorrow was better. (Was it?)