Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shipping Charges Have Become Outrageous

I took some old school bloggy buddies off my blogroll thingie and it made me sad. Sad that they'd stopped blogging and sad that I hadn't. When I started the blog...well let's just say, we had a different Secretary of State. And there's been two since. Only one of the three had hair worthy of naming a blog after.

But this post isn't meant to be a jaunt down memory lane, oh no. It's meant to be about PICKLES.

A couple of months ago, I threw out a devil-may-care challenge concerning a limerick and some pickles and here it is...so much time later...only one person took me up on it. Stinkypaw wrote me a pickle limerick...and so today I sent her a jar of the good shit in return for this poetic gem:

To write a limerick I thought would be easy,
But now I see it's not that peasey
The things I'll do to taste your pickles
I'll ask, I'll beg but won't suffer thru tickles
Because I woudn't want to be queasy.

By the way, did you know you have to fill out a customs form for CANADA? Ridiculous.


When the postal employee asked if the package contained anything breakable, liquid or perishable...I throughoughly enjoyed saying yes to all three. So Stinkpaw...a glass jar of pickled cucs bobbing along in brine is on its way to you. They stamped 'FRAGILE" on it, so I know that means it won't break.

Viva la awesome blog buddies.

10 keep(s) me blogging:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You mean you're not delivering it in person? If I were Stinkypaw I'd be insulted. Someone should buy you a mail girl uniform. Maybe I will if you're good.

erin said...

I just had to change my shipping prices to include the ridiculous new costs of shipping to canada. Last year, $5, this year $10.40! WHAT?

Robert the Skeptic said...

I heard that 95% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. Can't blame them for trying to keep warm. You should ask StinkyPaw to send you a box of Moose Berries... though US Customs and Homeland Security would probably blow up the package before you receive it.

MaryWitzl said...

Uh oh. I shipped a jar of pickled stuff once, from Japan to the States. The person who got it had a lot of trouble sorting through broken plastic and vinegared-paper.

The Future said...

Hopefully the various postal services will show some respect for the sacredness of your particular pickle package. It is a remarkable pickle recipe known for its pucker. (I couldn't think of anymore words that began with "P".)

Joey Polanski said...

Th true test of a pickle limerick ockurs on January 1.

See ya on th FIELD!

Charlie said...

I sent a book to a friend who lives about 20 miles north of the Washington border in British Columbia. The price was reasonable since a book is not breakable, liquid, or perishable (normally), but it took over 3 weeks to get there.

The Pony Express would be ashamed.

stinkypaw said...

Wow! Can't wait to get them, hopefully by the time I get them, if the jar is not broken, they will be just right! Love the label by the way. Shipping nowadays is extremely expensive and complicated with all the forms, etc. But it's still fun to get a parcel once in a while!

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

maybe next time you have a prize contest, you should state "NO CANADIANS ALLOWED!"

Me said...

You were one of the very first people I added to my blogroll a couple of years ago and you haven't gone anywhere since. I would die a little inside if you did. And I wouldn't be fixed.