Monday, January 14, 2008

He's Got A Head Like A Fucking Orange

I'm not sure when I first saw The Office. I think I caught it on BBC America way back when (which I watch constantly, since I suffer from a severe case of Anglophilia) and became immediately obsessed. One day, way back in 2005, the Waif showed me that Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant would be doing a free podcast with this dude named Karl Pilkington. And so I listened. And I loved it.

They released a book of convos from the podcast and whatnot and the Waif got it for me at Christmas. And one morning...I think Thursday or Friday of last week, I was reading an excerpt about how Plato's knowledge killed him because he was on holiday walking on a beach and a bird dropped an egg on his head. If he hadn't been so smart, he would've had to work instead of taking holidays so he would've lived. Yes. That's what I was reading. And I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to die. Just a little.

So, who is Karl Pilkington? He's just a guy. A guy that Ricky and Stephen met in a radio studio years ago and realized is the funniest human on Earth. And a complete moron. Probably the deepest moron you'll ever encounter, but a moron, nonetheless.

Anyway. You have to hear him before you read him...or you won't be able to mentally attach his voice to the transcript. So here. Enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0w1yubmqy4l

Don't say I never gave you anything.

7 keep(s) me blogging:

Anonymous said...

Karl Pilkington IS the funniest guy on earth and he IS a complete moron.

I thought for a while that maybe he was a made up character, but no. He exists! He says those things! He THINKS those things!

It's kind of hard not to pee yourself - just a little bit - when your brain processes what his brain has just sent out of his mouth.

Unknown said...

Good ol' KP. May he never change. The asinine drivel that comes out of the man's mouth is priceless, but what I love about him most of all is his utter incapability of being insulted by anything Gervais or Merchant say to him. Is he indifferent or oblivious to their ridicule? Or maybe he just likes the attention? In any case, he totally cracks me up, the knob.

Gorilla Bananas said...

"Connect the brain to the eyes, arms and legs and yer laffing".

Ricky Gervais loves stupidity. He says he watches the Spinal Tap documentary every week. He also loves Laurel and Hardy.

The Future said...

I'll have to take a listen...

Jahooni said...

What is it with connecting a voice to a person. Isn't it so true though that it makes all the differnce.

Funny-shit Kara. Why thank you for thinking of us all.

Anonymous said...

When they first came out, the Problem Hubby and I would listen to them in bed in the early morning and there was one morning neither of us could pour our coffee a full hour later at breakfast we were still laughing so hard. There were tears, aching jaws and sides, the lot. At times we were unable to stand. The children were alarmed but I say it's a sad world indeed if one can't alarm one's own children.

Me said...

This I have to explore further since I'm a huge Ricky Gervais + Stephen Merchant fan. Have you seen the TV show Extras?