Friday, September 22, 2006

They Paved Paradise

This is my last post for a couple of days...going up to Seattle. I'm going to use it to pay homage to the house I lived in a year and a half ago. In the last couple of weeks they knocked it down, as well as the community garden next to it, so the Old Waste of Viable Organs Fogey Home on the other side could have a parking lot for the family that never visits them. Assholes. I just went past it and the whole thing makes me seethe, mainly because that house had a kick ass driveway.

Anyway, back in January, 2005 there was an ice storm (we named her Phyllis...hurricanes aren't the only storms worthy of names, damnit) and we (my darling roommates at the time, Amy and Nicki and I) couldn't get down our driveway...except for on our asses. Anyway, we made little movies both days and they still send us into giggle fits. You guys will probably find them dull and long but I don't give a shit. This is Paying Homage To The Stark House's Lost Driveway Day and I won't let you and your ilk ruin it. Peace.

*Note: The quality is shittier than shitty...which is good, because I looked like ass that day...both days. Oh well.







10 keep(s) me blogging:

Amy said...

Phyllis. You will never know how much joy you brought to our hearts, and how much pain to our asses.

Those were two of the best days ever. EVER!

Jansky T said...

Looks like it was a great time.

Me said...

I love the music in the clips, totally sets the mood.

Mycaelus said...

Man, I wish I had a driveway like that.

Unknown said...

Whosever idea it was to use the cafeteria tray and cookie sheet, that was a stroke of genius I must say.

Alas, Stark House Driveway, we hardly knew ye...

slaghammer said...

It looks really cold there. But then, I live in the land of a thousand sunburns so I'm not the best judge.

Anonymous said...

i think my favorite part was the matching of the music w/ the throwing of the box in the first video....

too good.

and the spinning slide at the end of video #1---classic.

well done my friend, well done.

and also, you will be missed..enjoy seattle!

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I watched 49 seconds of it ... I then got sad cause we never get any snow/ice here, well, once in a cafeteria tray and cookie sheet luge ride, sure, but it's mainly rain. Even when it should snow, it rains. Sigh.

Me said...

I know how you feel ^

Don't know where you are but only 2 metres of all of Australia gets snow and that makes me sad.

Seriously though, I'd take dancing in a rain storm over making yellow snow.

Sarah said...

Glad you had fun while I was stuck in my own personal land of ice in Hilly. Nice. Rub it in.